Thursday, May 24, 2007

Blog #8- Class Learning Experience

This class has been quite the experience for me! I came in pretty much knowing nothing about building a website, podcasting, and blogging. Now I feel confident if someone would come to me and ask for help on a project. The number one thing I have learned about designing a website is you must use tables!!! At first, I thought it was stupid that we had to use tables because they were confusing to me and I just wanted to insert things and use spaces--the end decision--I had to figure out how to use the tables. Once I got the hang of it, I realized how much easier it makes the process of building a website! Everything looks much better and more proportioned. HTML coding is another big thing that I learned. It would take a lot longer for me to become a pro, but it is now not a foreign subject to me. I wish I had some good sites for me to share with you, but I basically used the ones Fawn gave us at the beginning of class. All of you have access to them on Carmen. I can tell you that if you want to learn how to change background colors from templates, a good site for that is the HTML Tutorial site. I referenced back to this site a lot while building my site! Although this class can be overwhelming and frustrating at times, I learned a great deal that will be useful for me in the future. I thought the relaxed atmosphere helped ease some of the frustration.......and the del.ic.ious accounts--pretty cool =)

**************I posted comments on Laslos Blog and Edu Connors Blog***************

1 comment:

t said...

I'm glad you mastered tables!